MAPECU2 has now been replaced with MAPECU3 which does everything MAPECU2 did, plus much more.
Our MAPECU’s replace voltage and frequency based air flow meters with Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) based load sensing (Speed Density). Voltage types include the spring door ‘flap’ types and hot wire types used by numerous manufacturers. Frequency based units are commonly known as Karman Vortex Frequency air flow meter as used by Mitsubishi™ or DSM vehicles and some other manufacturers.
The MAPECU2 combines the functionality of other manufacturers Air Flow Converters and Vane to Pressure Converters into the one unit, plus more. Click here to find base tables for popular vehicles, or if you have the skills you can build your own using learn mode. MAPECU2 tables are programmed using a 2D Table Mode or the 3D Graph Mode. Both views allow real-time editing of the MAPECU2 Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector and O2 Adjust configuration.
MAPECU2 combines the functionality of MAPECU with full Timing control, OEM Air/Fuel Ratio Adjust, Auxiliary Injector control and Electronic Boost Control. It also has many on-board functions that usually require the purchase of secondary piggyback controllers.
For tuning, MAPECU2 is connected to an Industry Standard PC running Microsoft(tm) Windows2000™, WindowsXP™ or Windows7™ via a serial port or USB to serial adaptor, sold separately. Configuration and monitoring is accomplished using our proprietary graphical user interface, MAPCAL2. The graphical user interface allows real-time configuration and monitoring of the MAPECU2, even while running the vehicle on a Dyno, etc.
- “Performance with Economy” – More horsepower and torque by removal of the restrictive factory air meter and control over timing.
- Fuel Saving.
- Simple piggy-back installation only requires 7 wires to operate with no major re-wiring of OEM components.
- Ideal for NA to forced induction conversions.
- The ability to use the stock ECM to control larger fuel injectors and/or performance upgrades.
- Alter OEM Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-Loop mode, for improved gas mileage and power.
- Retains the daily driveability of the stock ECM which is usually sacrificed with a full aftermarket engine management upgrade.
- Real-time tuning using Windows™ based MAPCAL2 software supplied with the unit.
- High-resolution 494 point Fuel table (0-10,000 RPM and -10 to +35 PSI) allows fine tuning for performance and driveability.
- Ability to run different fuels or performance levels using two (2) completely independent Fuel, Timing, O2 Adjust, Auxiliary Injector and Boost Control tables switchable on-the-fly.
- Built-in display and logging of key engine parameters such as RPM, Throttle Position, Boost Pressure, Airflow, Timing Adjust, Auxiliary Injector Duty, Boost Control Duty.
- On-board support for display and logging of popular aftermarket wideband Lambda sensors/controllers.
- On-board programmable NOS window activation switch can also be used to turn on other accessories at set RPM/PSI points.
- Faster and stronger boost with the on-board programmable Electronic Boost Control (EBC) using solenoid control of the wastegate.
- Fast and repeatable launches using the on-board programmable Launch Control with Speed input.
- Removal of factory Fuel and Speed Cuts using the on-board programmable Fuel Cut Defeat and Speed Cut Defeat.
- Compensate for wheel size or gearing changes with the on-board programmable Speed Adjust.
- Drive a Shift Light or alter VTEC™ point with the on-board programmable RPM Switch.
- Single unit can be used for Naturally Aspirated or forced induction applications with user selectable pressure scale configuration.
- Simple upgrade from MAPECU using the same 16-Way harness and ability to import and convert V2.1 and V2.2 Fuel tables.
- Built-in +35 PSI MAP Sensor.
- Fully configurable Inputs and Outputs, including TPS and O2 inputs.
- Advanced Launch Control with Speed Input.
- Advanced NOS™ activation with RPM, Throttle, Boost and Speed parameters.
- Sixteen (16) operational modes including: MAF Elimination, MAF Intercept, TPS load, and more.
- Full Timing advance and retard control of up to eight (8) channels for Distributor, Group Fire or Coil On Plug configurations using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
- Auxiliary Injector control using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
- OEM O2 & AFR Sensor Adjust 26 x 19 (494 zone) table allowing control over Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-loop mode.
- 10,000 RPM scale.
- Two (2) complete sets of Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector, O2 Adjust and EBC tables selectable using a dashboard mounted switch.
- Electronic Boost Control with 1000 RPM target boost points. External and Internal Wastegate support including Fast Spool mode for Internal Wastegates.
- 2 x Fuel Cut Defeat (FCD) with over boost safety release.
- Combined Speed Cut Defeat (SCD) and Speed Adjust.
- External MAP Sensor option
- User selectable pressure scales
The MAP-ECU2 kit includes:
- 1 metre (3ft) 16-Way harness
- 1 metre (3ft) 18-Way Timing Harness
- Windows™ MAPCAL2 CDROM software
- 2 metre (6ft) serial cable
- Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor and 2 metre harness
- Quickstart guide
- Manual in PDF format
The MAPECU2 works on most late model fuel injected vehicles that use common types of air metering systems (Hotwire, Flap, and Karman-Vortex). Click here for a full vehicle application list. It can be installed on any 1-10 cylinder engine in less than an hour, and completely replaces the restrictive factory air meter. ‘No special fitting kits or special adaptors are required. See the latest wiring diagrams under Downloads.